Monday, August 13, 2007

Top 5 Interview Questions I have been asked.

Here is my list of top 5 interview questions that have been posed to me in phone interviews so far in my search...

5. What are the 5 essential elements of a Christian Education program?
This was a question from the Sr. Pastor of a church as I interviewed for a CE associate pastor position. But there are 5 no more, no less.

4. Why do you think you would be a good fit?
This has been asked by every church to date. It is hard not to get a little defensive, but I have to remind myself that they are wanting to know what my strengths are and what I can bring to the church.

3. The gay ordination question.
Asked when I interviewed with Boise, ID. Knew it had to happen at some point.

2. What is your philosophy of Christian Education?
I felt like I was in the public schools interviewing for a job with this one. In fact, I think I modified my philosophy of education to fit and included the 5 essential elements, no more, no less.

1. Would you ordain someone as an elder if they said they didn't believe in the virgin birth?
Welcome to the world of not quite so black and white answers. Yes, the virgin birth is part of the creed, but is it the literal virgin birth or the understanding of what it means?

Bottom line - you never know what kind of question you will get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just now catching up on blog reading after vacation. So proud of your interview answers and so happy for you that you came through CPE with such grace and thoughtfulness! Can't wait to hear more...
Love,
Julie