Sunday, June 09, 2013

Cloud Atlas

The last 2 days, Sally and I have watched Cloud Atlas.  A 2012 movie that is one story woven through 6 time periods.  It is a movie that must be watched several times to catch deeper and interwoven plots.  I am fascinated with its commentary on the power structure of the modern world.  One of the themes as it flashes through several different time periods is that "boundaries are conventions," and that boundaries are to be transcended.

But what does this look like?
What are the boundaries that we are presented with?
What are the boundaries with which I keep myself constrained?
What are boundaries that I need to transcend for myself?  That I need to help others transcend?
What are social and political conventions that no longer work and need to be brought down?
Who are the people who are my allies?

More questions than answers.
More pondering is required.
However, there are small steps I can take in transcending the boundaries I constrain myself with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gгeat poѕt. I was checking сonstantly this blog
and I'm impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.

my page :: RPMPoker Promotions

Anonymous said...

Please let me knоw if you're looking for a author for your site. You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd rеally like to write
some content for your blog іn exсhаnge fоr а link back to mine.
Pleasе blast me an e-maіl if interestеd.
Regardѕ!

Feel frеe to ѕurf tο my ωeb page:
Low Stakes Bonus