Thursday, February 16, 2006

Got a Paper Back

I got a paper back from a professor a few days ago and it is causing me to rethink a little about myself. I felt really good about the paper when I turned it in, thought it hung together well and I knew I had worked hard on it. Well, so did the professor. The problem is, that I have never considered myself to be a particularly good writer. I took a chance on the paper, I did it a little differently than what the assignment was written up (talked to the prof first), but it was a paper that I felt very vested in.

I wrote it as a chapter in a book or part of a Sunday school class. I think I am more freaked out by the fact that I did what I set out to do and the professor, who I have the utmost respect and admiration for, thought it was well written. Guess I'll have to rethink my opinion of myself.

No comments: