Saturday, February 04, 2006

Calm before the Storm

This is the final weekend before spring classes start. January was pretty laid back and I got my paper turned in yesterday morning so most of yesterday was low key. Had a 2nd interview with Westminster Church for SPM next fall...kinda like student pastoring. Received a call later in the afternoon with an offer for the position. I think it will be a great match and will provide many opportunities for me to explore my call.

Monday begins my arrival at pure insanity! 33 hours of coursework. 5 full classes: Mission and Evangelism, Christology and Atonement Theories, Medevial Spirituality, Spirituality for Church Leaders, and the Gospel of John, plus a half class: Presbyterian Polity. Should keep me busy enough reading for the next 12 weeks. This will also be an exercise in disipline and scheduling for me. Ah, one last weekend of nothingness.

No comments: