Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The struggle of the semester...

Trapped….trapped in a little room with God
Psalm 139 echoes off the walls, or is it in my head?

“You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.”
I can’t run away, there is nowhere to go, you are everywhere.
My head spins as you lay your hand upon me.

Too many thoughts fill my mind,
I can’t do what you ask of me
I don’t want to do what you have asked of me
I don’t want to lead

I can’t stand this little room any longer
I don’t have the strength to keep fighting
I am tired from wrestling day in and day out
But I can’t quit,
If I could only let go
But I can’t, nor will you let me go

I read Isaiah “comfort, comfort o my people”
But I find no comfort right now
A voice cries out….
This is quoted in Luke
A voice of the one crying out in the wilderness
Is this what I am to do
Am I to be a voice crying out in the wilderness?

No comments: