Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Have you seen Jesus Camp???

Went to see the movie Jesus Camp tonight. Found it scary, disconcerting, eye-opening, and affirming.
Scary in what is going on in the world of the uber evangelicals. Endoctrination of the young which for me amounts to manipulation for the purpose of political power.
Disconcerting in that I hear the name of God raised, but I don't see it in action. It is not about taking care of the homeless, the hungry, or the naked, but the movie is about political issues.
Eye-opening in that these are salt of the earth kinds of people who are looking for leadership and safety. When one of the leaders of the evangelical movements, Ted Haggard is talking about if the evangelicals all vote they control the polls and it is a good life.
Affirming in what I am called to and where I stand on my own beliefs. Also kinda scary in what I feel I am called to and where I stand on my own beliefs.

I think all Christians should see this film and engage in discussion about it.

Peace

1 comment:

Time Loves a Hero said...

Jesus Camp-featuring the Reverend Ted Haggard!