Monday, June 26, 2006

Nice to be home

GA in Birmingham was an incredible experience, although something akin to drinking from a fire hose. I have been posting the last several days on the GA blog, which, I will continue to post stuff there as I prepare to go to Montreat for "The Hope of the Church" but I will start posting here again as well.

I didn't realize how tired I was after GA until Saturday. This week is finishing up some financial aid stuff and then it is back to Oklahoma for a few weeks with Montreat in between. While I am in Oklahoma I will do a couple weeks of supply preaching. One of the lectionary texts is from 2 Samuel as Uzziah touches the ark and dies (although they leave that out). If I were in a gutsier mood I would attempt to tackle that text, but maybe not. I lean toward 2 Corinthians 12 and the thorn in Paul's side "my grace is sufficient for you" is the phrase that jumps off the page. We'll see where I am lead with this.

Peace.

No comments: