Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Running for President and other miscellany

Today, I accepted the nomination for Student Body President. I am running against Chris and Michael, 2 very intelligent, caring, positive, great guys who are my fellow classmates and who I look forward to being colleagues in ministry with in the near future. Nominations close next Wednesday and then everyone votes. Several friends had asked me about running, and I am sure each of them had their own reasons for asking me about running. I have spent time in prayer over it, but I don't know as I can put a finger on exactly why I am running for this office. It just feels like the right thing to do.

This week has been the "Women of the Cloth" conference on campus to celebrate 50 years of women in ministry. It has been nice to see women from my presbytery, including my committee chair and another committee member. I have also been able to reconnect with a couple pastors who I spent time with in OKC in October for ords grading, as well as meeting many new female clergy. I have once again had a role on the periphery with technology.

Having been around the women of my presbytery and women I have spent time with during the ords grading, I have been extremely affirmed not only in my call, but in gifts that I bring to ministry. The women of my presbytery want me to come back there when I graduate, but another wants me in her presbytery when I graduate. It is nice to be wanted, especially when it has nothing to do with where I stand on any political issues within the church. It is all about who they have come to know me to be.
Very cool!!!!

So in the upcoming weeks...will it be Hail to the Chief? Have to wait and see.

No comments: