Saturday, April 05, 2008

After the first week

Well, I made it through my first week back in the real world without running away screaming! The first week at Westminster was good. I had committee meetings the first 2 nights and spent a lot of time unpacking and reading curriculum. I have a lot to catch up on, and I have to remember that it will take some time. People here have been happy to have me back.

One of the meetings was a Session meeting with a strategic planner. In looking ahead, it makes me wonder why God has called me to this place at this time. After Tuesday night, I feel sure that I have been called here, but I know not why. What is it about my particular set of gifts that is needed in this place. That is the question that lies ahead for me.

Friday I met with the children's ministry team chair and there is much work to be done. I am teaching the elementary group in 3 weeks, planning curriculum for summer, VBS, and revamping curriculum for the fall. I think it will keep me busy.

I have also continued to get the apartment unpacked and even have some pictures up now. Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, sweetheart--it's so good to have you here!
Love,
Julie

Time Loves a Hero said...

You wrote, "In looking ahead, it makes me wonder why God has called me to this place at this time. After Tuesday night, I feel sure that I have been called here, but I know not why."

At the risk of sounding "Matt Lauer Glib," "Welcome to the club." As for me, I go with the chief end of humanity is to glorify God.

I know this is the opposite of helpful, but I hope it takes the pressure off of the question of "why" and puts it on the question of "who." "Who" is the important question.

Now go and love the "who's" you have been called to serve. (Again, sounds a little glib, but I mean this as encouragement.)

Karen Wagner said...

Thanks Matt, er Paul :) The why will be answered as I serve the who's. I do believe that in the midst of serving the answer will be revealed. It has worked that way most of the time for me.

Thought of you the other night when I went to the Cheesecake Factory with some folks. They remembered your reading at Dark and Stormy event.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!