Sunday, January 06, 2008

Epiphany

This morning as I was preaching, my question was "What are you seeking?" Is it wealth and power as Herod? Is it knowledge for knowledge's sake like the chief priests and scribes? Is it an unknown journey, having faith to follow without knowing the specific like the magi?

It dawned on me that the call process is the journey to encounter the Christ child. It is a journey of faith. Stepping out to follow was partially the step to go to seminary, but it continues. Seminary was the stop at the palace, a place to gain knowledge. Now the journey continues. The star will come to rest over that church where I am called to be. That journey will leave me changed, but filled with joy and excitement.

So, to the journey and following where ever it may lead!

1 comment:

Time Loves a Hero said...

Very, very cool.
Paul