Monday, December 10, 2007

Oklahoma Ice Storm 2007

There are over 500,000 people in Oklahoma without power. My family included. My folks lost power Monday morning around 3:30 am. We went to my sister's who had power (the other lost power about the same time we did) and then she lost power about 2:30. We have ended up at my brother-in-law's parents. They are out of town and one of his brother's and his family are here too. Huge house, and they have power so we are staying the night.

The weather isn't supposed to really improve until late afternoon Tuesday. Tons of tress are down which have caused a lot of the power outages. For all of you outside the state of Oklahoma, pray for those caught in the midst of the largest power outage in the state's history.

For now, me and my family are fine. I also talked with Tim Blodgett and he had power earlier today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are ok in OK. Kaci and I were traveling Monday and when we got to Dallas some delays had set in (because of weather in OK and CA) and people were not happy, wish we (me included) all had the perspective that spending some extra time in a warm airport with ample supply of peanuts is actually luxurious. God bless and stay warm.