Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Odds and Ends

I have enjoyed being in Austin. It was a great chance to see some friends and it was a privilege to participate in Arun Jones' installation service. I didn't realize how much I missed singing with Meredith, Monica, and Renee until we started singing. I didn't realize how much I missed APTS and many of the people who are still here. I didn't realize how happy being in this place made me.

On the drive here I had thought about new church development and have had some wonderful conversations with people here about it. It is an idea to think about, but there are some other new ideas that are percolating as well.

On the home front, I just found out that my 10 year old nephew was admitted to the Children's hospital in Oklahoma City to see if they can figure out why he has had headaches for 6 weeks. A mix of emotions from family members, but I think they need to do what ever needs to be done to help him. And a friend of mine who had heart surgery a few weeks ago had to be taken to the emergency room and had surgery to remove fluid. I ask for prayers for my nephew Josh and for my friend John. And I offer prayers of thanksgiving to the many people who have touched my life through this seminary. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to get to visit with you...Josh and John are in my prayers.
Love,
Julie