Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CPE Day 2

Today was a better day. We had a more specific orientation to what we are doing as well as a chance to tour the hospital with one of the staff chaplains and a tour of pre-op with another chaplain. After lunch, they printed off the rooms of people who needed initial visits (Baptist has chaplains try and visit everyone) and we were each given part of the lists and off we went. The first few cold calls I did weren't very good, I was way nervous and anxious. The visits got better as I did more of them. That is more what I will be doing for the summer.

3 comments:

M. David Schaefers said...

If you need to vent, you know where to find me. You are in my prayers.

Karen Wagner said...

Thanks David! This will be a learning experience!

Monica said...

hey, i grew up baptist and by the time i was nine, those "cold calls" were called evangelism :)i was a good little evangelist...i am sure you are going to be one of the best!! hang in there- and yes, africa was more than words can describe!! hugs