Sunday, October 09, 2005

A week later...

It is a week after Cursillo, had Ultreya last night and got to see new friends again. The biggest joy for me was getting to play once again with the music team, I really did miss them this week. Now I have a week with 5 papers due and 3 books to read. At this moment I have started 2 of 3 books and the first paper. Last night I asked some of the people I have come to know to pray for me, not something I typically do. One ask me how she could specifically pray for me this week, the others when I asked prayed for me on the spot.
I truly feel that God has pulled me into this community of believers for a reason. I have been forced out of my comfort zone several times through this process, but each time I go on faith, I have been blessed beyond measure. It is not that your faith is ruined in seminary, but you get swept into the vortex of academics. You end up spending more time in your head and it is easy to lose the focus of why you have been called to seminary.
I believe my venture into community with Austin Presbyterian Cursillo is to help keep me grounded in why I am even in Austin in the first place. I moved here (into my wilderness) because of a call. The fine folks I have met are a reminder of what I am being called to. I am being called to love and lead God's people.
Thanks be to God for the APC community and all my new friends.

No comments: